E-Passport which means Electronic Passport. Bangladesh is the first South Asian country in introducing an e-passport which is already being offered in almost all districts. Many of us want to make an e-passport, but we don’t have any idea about the e-passport online application process in Bangladesh. After learning the E-Passport application process in BD, you can easily apply for a new e-passport in Bangladesh from your mobile or home computer without an agent.
Here, I will brief the actual process of the e-passport online application and all the necessary information. You can apply manually by following the steps given in this post. Hopefully, you will learn all the e-passport-related information such as e-passport fee, e-passport delivery time, Documents Required for E-Passport and e-passport online checking process.
E-Passport Online Application Process in 2023
To apply online for an e-passport, first, visit the official website www.epassport.gov.bd and you must create an account on the e-passport website. After Creating the account, log in to the e-passport website and start the application process for a new e-passport in these two steps.
1st Step for E-Passport Online Application
1. You will see in the first step- ‘Check availability of E‑Passport in your region’ that e‑passport is available in the district and division where you are, currently all of Bangladesh.
2. Select your category and then district and click on the Continue button.
3. A new page will appear for providing email. Enter your email and fill in a captcha here. Now click on the Continue button.
4. Enter your account information for the e-passport online application. The name will be given according to your voter ID card, then click on ‘Create Account’ with your nickname and mobile number.
5. An activation message will be sent to your email address. After activating the account, your account will be created on the official E-Passport website.
6. Now you can log in with your email and the password you have given.
2nd Step for the E-Passport Online Application
1. After you log in with your email and password. Now follow the steps given below to apply for an e-passport online very easily.
2. Click on this text- ‘Apply for a new e-Passport‘ and you must first provide all of your personal information such as your full name, nickname, your profession whether you are a student or a teacher and you will see a few other options that will give you almost all types of profession.
3. After providing all the personal information, another option called ‘Previous Passport’ will appear. Now you can apply for a new e-passport or renew the old passport. If you are going to apply for a new e-passport, select the text – ‘No, I don’t have any previous passport‘ option and click on the Save and continue button.
4. After that, you can see options for the new e-passport online application. Here you must fill Address, Parental information, Spouse information, and Emergency contact options correctly.
5. After appearing in the Passport Option, you can see how many days it will take to get the passport, how many pages of e-passport you will make and how much money you will have to pay.
6. After filling out the e-passport form, you have to recheck and select the Bank payment method.
7. Now Submit the passport application form and download the application summary. (Before you submit, please match up with this demo E-passport application form).
8. Now print 2 copies on both sides of the page.
9. Now go to the nearest bank and pay the passport application fee.
10. Attach the passport payment receipt with other documents required for the passport application.
11. Visit the regional passport office for biometric enrollment within six months of submitting the online application.
What documents are required for an e-passport application?
Necessary documents to your district passport office along with an e-passport online application copy for the new e-passport. they are:
- Printed Application Summary
- Payment receipt
- Voter ID Card (NID Card) or photocopy of your smart card and keep the original copy of your identity card with you.
- Photocopies of the father and mother’s voter identification cards (may be required in special cases).
- Student ID Card/Professional ID Card (If you have one)
- Citizenship certificate (may be required in special cases)
- For those who are under 18 years old, the application form for an e-passport should be submitted along with a birth registration certificate, a photo of their parents and a copy of their voter ID card.
Learn more about what documents are required for an e-passport application for different cases.
E-Passport fee in BD 2023
The E-Passport fee is decided based on the number of pages, validity and required delivery time. E-Passport fees are mentioned below and prescribed by the Government of Bangladesh for e-passports:
48 page with 5 years validity E-Passport Fee
- Regular e-passport – Delivery within 15 working days: Tk 4,025
- Express e-passport – Delivery within 7 working days: Tk 6,325
- Super Express e-passport – Delivery within 2 working days: Tk 8,625
48 page with 10 years validity E-Passport Fee
- Regular e-passport – Delivery within 15 working days: Tk 5,750.
- Express e-passport – Delivery within 7 working days: Tk 8,050
- Super Express e-passport – Delivery within 2 working days: Tk 10,350.
64 page with 5 years validity E-Passport Fee
- Regular e-passport – Delivery within 15 working days: Tk 6,325
- Express e-passport – Delivery within 7 working days: Tk 8,625.
- Super Express e-passport – Delivery within 2 working days: Tk 12,075
64 page with 10 years validity E-Passport Fee
- Regular e-passport – Delivery within 15 working days: Tk 8,050.
- Express e-passport – Delivery within 7 working days: Tk 10,350.
- Super Express e-passport – Delivery within 2 working days: Tk 13,800
E-Passport Delivery Time
We usually face various problems while applying for a new e-passport. And it takes too many times, a lot of pain and suffering to get a passport through different brokers. If you want a new e-passport or passport renewal, your passport has to go through many processes after the e-passport online application.
The passport office sometimes takes 2 days, 7 days, 15 days or 21 days to deliver e-passports. After going through many stages during this time, your passport is printed and ready for you. Currently, the E-Passport portal status checks will save you a lot of hassle and suffering. Now, you can see the status of your e-passport after applying for a new passport or passport renewal.
Learn in detail about e-passport delivery time for different cases.
E-Passport check online in BD
It is very easy to check e-passport status online. If you want you can check your e-passport online at home from your own mobile and computer, You will need an Online Registration ID (OID) or Application ID and Date of birth given in the e-passport online application.
To check e-passport:
- Visit www.epassport.gov.bd
- Click on the ‘Check Status’ menu
- Enter your Online Registration ID or Application ID and date of birth.
- Finally, you can check the e-passport by verifying next to the text ‘I am human’ and clicking on the Check button
To learn thoroughly, you can read the article about the online passport-checking process.
Last Word on the E-Passport Online Application Process in Bangladesh
In addition to the e-passport online application process in Bangladesh, this article discusses the E-Passport fee, E-Passport delivery time, E-Passport check online, and other E-Passport-related issues.
I hope you have a thorough understanding of the complete process of the e-passport online application in BD.